We Offer the following options for sedation
Nitrous Oxide is a sweet-smelling, non-irritating, colorless gas which you can breathe.
Nitrous Oxide has been the primary means of sedation in dentistry for many years. Nitrous oxide is safe, the patient receives 50-70% oxygen with no less than 30% nitrous oxide.
The patient is able to breathe on their own and remain in control of all bodily functions.
The most commonly prescribed dental related drugs that treat anxiety belong to the “benzodiazepine” family. Drugs such as Halcion, Xanax, or Ativan. These drugs decrease anxiety by binding and toning down activity within “fear” receptors in the brain.
We provide Oral Surgery service in house where Dr.Roberts provides option for minimal sedation which is combination of nitrous sedation and Oral Sedation.
Here are a few popular methods for easing anxiety in our dental office:
- Communication: Informing us as to what you are afraid of is a great place to start. Often we can quell a fear simply by giving you correct or updated information. We will always keep you informed before, during and after your procedure, making sure that you understand what is going on and why we are doing it.
- Calming Techniques: Many patients find it helpful to practice controlled breathing or to find distraction inside the room.
- Listening to Music: With most procedures, the use of personal headphones and music is allowed. This is a great way to keep calm and pass the time while in the chair.
- Watching your favourite channel: We have front and overhead TV’s to watch a movie or a popular show on Netflix
- Massage: We have massage pads to help relax your back.If you desire to do so please let us know during your visit so that we can make your visit calming and relaxing.